Friday, November 13, 2009

Criminals, Imperialists, and Assassins

I have a reader! I can hardly believe that someone is actually reading my blog, I'm speaking out and finally my voice is being heard. But there's just one problem, my reader is a software firm called Visible Technologies contracted by the Central Intelligence Agency to monitor blogs, social networking sites, and book reviews. Why would the C.I.A. want to read my silly opinions? Aren't they out there protecting us from terrorists who hate our freedom? Like our freedom of speech for example, I may be terrified by the notion that the C.I.A. is monitoring everything I say but I'm still free to say it. In fact I'm already worried that I've said too much, so just forget I said anything, never mind.

I mean really, how could my little opinions and far left rants be a threat to a super power of epic proportions? Is it because the truth can outweigh a mountain of lies and propaganda? Because people who join together and discuss the issues of the day can at any moment turn the power of our technology against the state to unite and resist? Maybe it's the fact that I don't believe in the validity of nation states at all, and that I think they should be boycotted and ignored. And that US currency is the legal contract we embrace everyday that makes us all slaves of the state? Or is it that I believe there is no true democracy, and that Barak Obama is working just as much for the banks as was George W. Bush was when he "bailed them out" last year?

The Central Intelligence Agency is Americas' dark side, quite literally shameless and blameless. Their preferred image is the rather low profile "bean counter" persona, we're often assured they're harmless pencil pushers organizing files all day, everyday. But we know they carry out crimes against humanity all over the world through contractors, operatives, and "assets", making it rain cash for thugs, murderers, drug dealers, and corrupt politicians who do their bidding. And what is their agenda? We're told they are simply acting out the will of the president and watching out for the general security of the nation, but with zero transparency why should we believe anything they tell us? The basic design of the US constitution guaranteed to we the people our privacy (or opacity) and the governments transparency, we have been duped into a world in which we the people are totally transparent and the government is totally opaque.

Sure you can watch the pageant of elections and inaugurations but that's just an act, as long as our government has an inner sanctum cloaked in darkness it is not truly transparent. The Central Intelligence Agency has never been fully justified to my generation, exactly why did we adopt the Russian and Nazi model for secrecy? Perhaps it's because there is so much to hide from the people, and in that darkness anything goes for the most powerful people in the world. There is no great achievement, no past glory, and no red, white, and blue patriotic jingoism that would not be completely undone by a light cast into that darkness. It is not the C.I.A. that should be monitoring us, but we who should audit them once and for all, and clean up the mess they have made of this world. My grandmother taught me never to write anything I wouldn't put my name on, and by this standard the United States government should be ashamed of it's sociopathic hidden hand. I'm lookin' at you too D.I.A. and N.S.A!

No comments:

Post a Comment